lt was already late in the afternoon on
the 8th of May during the kitefestival in Kamen (Germany) when
we were able to find the time to chat with one-another. Subject
: Kites and creativity. These are the moments when the best ideas
came up. lt gave the wish Hennes has: "I would like to organise
something which is really different with a lot of people. Some
kind of project in which everyone finds a kind of surprise and
where a lot of kiters can be participants of. Net expensive, very
creative and really something else". The idea is born and
will be called "PROJEKT
E2". lt doesn't mater if you
call it "Projekt E square" or "Projekt E two"
or "Projekt Europe-two", as even this is a part of creativity
of the project. lt is neither a game nor a competition and its
rules are only a few. This is meant to invite you to be a participant.
You, the audience and other kiters should enjoy the diversity
of forms, while recognising the use of same colours in a game
with the wind in the air. Projekt
E2 is all about fun for everybody.
The first flight of Projekt E2 was at the FamilienDrachenFest in Lünen (Germany) on the 15th-17th October 1999. Kitefliers from Great Britain, Belgium, The Netherland, Germany and France have started building Projekt E2 kites to partipate to some kite Festivals. The last time Projekt E2 will take place is at the FamilienDrachenFest in Lünen (Germany) in October 2000.
- Build a kite, which is being
flown by 1 fine, consisting of 2 Eddies and a square.
- Net a train.
- The colours are black, red and white.
- Max. hight : 1.50 m.
- Max, width : 1.50 m.
- Max. depth : 1.50 m.
- All kind of tails are allowed.
- Lights, sirens, windwhistles etc. are allowed.
- No particular kite-design is prescribed (which gives you all opportunities for your creativity).
- The Eddies and the square may overlap one-another.
- The three forms have to be connected to each other.
- In order to be a member you have to pay with a sack of "Gummibären" (a German sweet).
- here are some exemples of Projekt E2 kites.
Hennes KURBJUHN, Lange Strasse 12, 59519
Otto VOSSEN, Stephan Hanewinkellaan 7, 5673 MV Nuenen, Neerderland
& Otto VOSSEN